Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sensational Blushes for Spring @>--;--

Springtime always gets me in the mood for pretty cheeks. To me, blush adds a healthy, happy, and youthful glow. This is particularly true for the light and bright blushes I like to wear this time of year.

Powder Blushes
image

image

1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes (Achiote, Tipsy, Exposed): the texture on these is finely milled and very soft with a matte finish ($25, 0.2oz). These blushes are quite easy to build up if you have a darker skin tone, and don’t look cakey. Achiote was the first Tarte blush I ever tried, and I love the brown toned medium pink color. Tipsy is PERFECT for the spring and summer. If you’re scared of the orange in this, try Blissful for a similar but tamer look. Exposed is really a year round essential blush. This is my go-to when I look at my face and am not sure what will work. Exposed always goes with everything!

image

2. Benefit Dandelion ($28, 0.25oz): This is a lovely light pink with just a hint of shimmer. If you like to avoid playing up your cheeks, this is a great one to own. This color in particular really adds youthfulness to the face.

image

3. Sleek Coral ($5.99, 0.27oz): Exactly what the name says, a perfect coral. This would be a slightly tamer version of Tipsy with a greater emphasis on the pink, rather than the orange. This blush requires some layering as the powder is a little bit stiff so you don’t pick up much with one swipe.

image

Liquid/Cream Blush

image

1. Mac Something Special Cremeblend Blush ($21, 0.19 oz): Oh what to say about this blush. If I could only pick one blush to have for all of spring and summer, this would most definitely be my pick. It starts out as a cream and sets with a powder finish and is super flattering on tan skintones. It just looks super fresh and light, partially due to the color, and also because its a cream. I highly recommend checking this out :) (Apologies for the brush hairs, as you can see this one is well loved)

image

2. Benefit Cha Cha Tint ($30, 0.42 oz): This is the perfect mango tangerine color, and it has the added bonus of working both as a blush and a lip stain. It has a very creamy consistency (think nail polish) and is very easy to blend out. I definitely recommend starting out with just a few dots and working that into the skin and then slowly building up. It’s pretty easy to go overboard with this, and then you’re stuck because it stains.

image

That wraps up my favorite spring blushes. I’m always on the lookout for other colors so let me know which shades you like to rock!

Swatches Pictured Below

image

image



No comments:

Post a Comment