Sunday, March 17, 2013

Nude Haul & First Impressions!

No, I didn’t make these purchases in the nude, but everything I picked up happens to fall in the nude/natural category. I stopped by WalMart to pick up a few household cleaning items and wandered over to the beauty section. If you don’t normally shop at WalMart for beauty items, you definitely should. The prices are usually lower than CVS or Target. I ended up getting two of the new Milani Color Statement lipsticks (from the nude/browns category, $4.47) and a Loreal 24 Hr Infallible eyeshadow ($6.97, 0.12oz).

The Milani lipsticks I got are in 29 Teddy Bare and 25 Naturally Chic. 29 is a darker brown toned nude with a cream finish. It glides on the lips beautifully and has a slightly hydrating feel. 25 is the same kind of finish, but is a medium pink toned nude. I own very few “nude” lipsticks because I tend to get excited by different colors, but bright and dark lips aren’t really appropriate for work related occasions. So far I’m really enjoying both of these, and I love that the square on the bottom of the lipstick is a really good match to what the true color is. Makes shopping that much easier!

The Loreal eyeshadow i purchased is in 890 Bronzed Taupe. I already own one shadow from this same line in Amber Rush, which I really love wearing. I had seen some swatches of Bronzed Taupe on the internet and decided to go for it. These eyeshadows are basically like a finely milled pressed pigment, so the metallic sheen on them is really beautiful. As a result, since the finish is so eye catching, I tend to prefer more natural colors to balance the look out. If you haven’t tried any of these I highly recommend them!

Photos of Products and Swatches!





No comments:

Post a Comment