Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Haul: Tarina Tarantino

Every now and then Hautelook has flash sales on higher-end makeup and I always seem to miss the Tarina Tarantino sales. But, for once, I actually checked the site on a day when her items were on sale! I only picked up two things from the sale, both of which are palettes.

The first thing I selected was the Dollskin Cheek Palette (3.5g, $45 but I bought it for $24). The palette contains 4 blushes, two pink and two peach. Both of the peach colors are quite satin, while one of the pinks is a demi-matte and the other pink is a shimmer with silver micro glitter. The blushes are quite smooth with good color payoff. I think even beginners could do well with this because you don't have to use a feather light touch in fear of looking like a clown.

The other item I purchased was the Jewel Shadow Palette in Magical (9g, $32 but I bought it for $15). It contains 5 eyeshadows, all of which have a satin finish and follow a purple theme. The website describes the five colors as pearl ash pink, pearl beige, pearl eggplant purple, creamy white shimmer, and pearl soft pink. I'm not normally a fan of palettes which have no mattes in them, but all of these shadows have a very subtle sheen which doesn't look over the top. If you love purple, this could be a great quint to own (I personally wear purples like they are neutrals).

Both palettes are housed in gunmetal reflective packaging and contain generously sized mirrors.

I definitely recommend keeping an eye out for sales on Tarina Tarantino because it's a great way to try them out without paying the normally high price tag.

Photos of Products and Swatches!









No comments:

Post a Comment