Saturday, November 2, 2013

Experimenting with Face Charts

On a whim after seeing Temptalia's post on the face charts created by Dustin Hunter, I decided to go ahead and order one of the 25 packs just to experiment with doing makeup on paper. I got the face charts today and figured I'd give one a shot.

One of the main difficulties I had was working on eyebrows and lips. Eyeliners and lipsticks are extremely creamy, which is normally a blessing when applying on the face, but a bit tricky when translated on to paper. I had a particularly hard time creating the eyebrows because no matter how sharp my pencil was I couldn't create a thin enough line, so I'm thinking next time around I need to use a colored pencil and give up the eyeliners/brow pencils. Alternatively, I'll need to find a super thin brush that can create hair like strokes with such a creamy texture. As for the lipsticks I found creating a very even opaque perfectly blended layer on paper was significantly more difficult than on the lips. Either way, it was definitely a fun way to try out a new look and I'm excited to work on a few more that are more dramatic.


I ended up creating a smokey neutral look inspired by the fall and focused on adding a rosy tint to my browns. Perhaps a bit 90s inspired since the lips are on the brown side, but I really like that look for the fall time.

Have you ever tried creating any face charts?

No comments:

Post a Comment