Friday, February 15, 2013

Review: Bare Minerals The Aphrodisiac Blush

I posted a picture of the things I picked up recently from Bare Minerals on Valentine’s Day, one of which was this blush. Bare Minerals holds a special place in my heart because the foundation is the first one I ever really used, and I’ve never gotten over how natural and smooth my face looks when I use it. i’m also completely obsessed with their line of Buxom lip glosses which make your lips tingle. Anyways, on to the details about The Aphrodisiac.


The Aphrodisiac is one of the pressed compact blushes (0.21 oz, $22) and is described as a peachy coral on the website. I would say that is definitely accurate. The finish of the blush is satin, which is my favorite kind of finish for a blush. I wore this on my cheeks for about 9 hours and it looked just as nice as when I had first applied it. So far, my skin hasn’t had any reaction to it either. The blush is very finely milled, super smooth, and very easy to blend. It’s not as crazy pigmented as some of the NARS blushes, but a swipe with your brush will be plenty to cover your cheek. All in all, I’m really pleased with this blush, and I actually prefer it to my other peachy coral blushes (namely Nars Orgasm, which I’ve compared with this in a swatch below) because of the finish and the lack of shimmer. If you want just the beautiful color without it being too flat and matte, this is a perfect peachy coral blush to pick up. 


Photos of Products and Swatches!


image




image




image

No comments:

Post a Comment