Sunday, January 26, 2014

De-Cluttering 2014

Recently I was watching PinkSoFoxy's videos on Youtube and she has a MASSIVE makeup collection which she has been slowly downsizing and donating products she hasn't actually been using. I felt pretty inspired by her video and decided to take a look through my eyeshadows and lip products (the two products I tend to hoard) to see if I needed to just toss anything, or if I could donate it to a friend who would love it. After a quick 20 minutes, I came up with a pile of eyeshadow, lipstick and lipgloss.


Here's what I'm giving away and why:
  • ULTA Singles (3): Perfectly pigmented and nice but I just NEVER use them.
  • Stila Kitten mini: I already have a full size which I love, and received this as part of a kit.
  • Starlooks Conquest: Dark navy blue, I really don't need a single in this color as I already have some in palettes that I use more frequently.
  • Wet n Wild I'm Getting Sunburned: The only trio of the ones I own which never gets any love, even though the colors are super pigmented and pretty.
  • Sleek The Original palette: I originally purchased this for the olive green on the right hand bottom corner, but I just never reach for this palette.


Onto the lipstick:
  • Loreal Le Laque in I Laque You a Lot: This is an orange red, and just doesn't suit me.
  • Milani Flamingo Pose: This color again, just doesn't suit me.
  • Revlon Fuchsia: I have MAC Girl About Town which is the same exact color.
  • Neutrogena Berry Bright: LOVE the formula, but the color doesn't work for me.
  • Wet n Wild Sugar Plum Fairy: Picked this up and then realized when I got home it was the exact same as MAC Rebel.


And lastly, the lipgloss (yikes):
  • Lorac Christian: Just doesn't suit me and is better for a lighter complexion. Really nice formula though, and I got it as part of a kit.
  • Julep Camellia: Got this for free with some nail polish, but baby pinks don't work for me.
  • Cargo Route 66: Pretty pinky red that I just rarely ever reach for.
  • NARS Place Vendome: The applicator is tiny and out of lazyness I don't use it.
  • Mally Starburst: Got this as part of a kit which included Mally products I really wanted to try for cheap. I knew already when I got the kit that I wouldn't be keeping this color.
  • Loreal Shine Stain in Coral Tattoo: Ugh it's too sticky for me, but these seem to be massively popular so I will give it to a friend to try out.
  • Benefit Sugarbomb: Sample size I got for free, and I already have another one.
  • Bella Il Fiore in Marie Antoinette: Beautiful color and texture, but I already have a lot of peachy glosses.
  • Lancome Juicy Tube in Raspberry Ice: For some weird reason, I'm actually allergic to all juicy tubes. They are lovely glosses which are really popular so I'm sure it will find a good home with a friend.
  • Chanel Controversy: What an apt name. I feel horribly guilty that I never use this expensive product, but I've just realized that I like wearing matte vampy lips rather than glossy.
Phew, that's all for right now. I'm using this as a sign to make sure I don't purchase colors I already own, and I'll be on a temporary no buy for a few months so that I can just shop my own collection and enjoy what I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment