Friday, January 24, 2014

Review: Tarte be MATTEnificent palette

I think if you read my blog, you knew this was coming. I have an unhealthy obsession with matte eyeshadows, so when I saw that Tarte was going to be releasing an all matte eyeshadow and blush palette I knew I had to have it! Because, I only have 5 other matte palettes...lol.


I love how the packaging has a geode print on it!

Keeping in the theme of rosy neutrals, which appears to be the trend for this upcoming Spring, Tarte has included a line up of 6 eyeshadows, 2 eye liner shadows and a blush. The special claims come from the colored clay aspect. Tarte has both a rose clay and vanilla clay incorporated in these shadows, which is supposed to give them the ability to soothe the eye area and control oil. To be honest, I'm not sure if it does this or not because I always use a primer underneath my shadows anyways. The palette retails for $36 (though I got mine for 20% off with an ULTA coupon) and contains a 3/4 size Amazonian Clay Blush and 0.6864 oz of eyeshadow. The palette also houses a large mirror and a dual ended brush, which is a flat shader on one end and a precise blender on the other.



The thing that sets the Tarte matte shadows apart from others, is how ridiculously smooth they feel. They aren't creamy, but they are unbelievably smooth to the touch and blend out like a dream. For my skin tone, I feel like I have to layer on the bush a little bit, but the effect is still very nice. I think this is the perfect all in one palette for a working woman because the texture and colors make it ideal for the workplace. Overall, I am super pleased with this purchase and highly recommend checking it out!


Simple EOTD: I used Sand Out from the Crowd as my browbone highlight, Peach for the Stars in my crease, Rose to the Occasion all over the lid, Pink Outside the Box on my inner corner, and a mix of View from the Taupe and Two Plums Up for my outer corner/lower lash line. I used Dream in Chocolate to do a soft winged eyeliner to complete the look. PS: Please excuse the eyebrows, I am in between threading sessions.

1 comment:

  1. The shades are pretty..loving mauve/pinky tones eyeshadows these days..a lot of brands are coming out with such shades!

    ReplyDelete