Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review: Tarte BB Tinted Treatment

I recently placed an order on Sephora.com and was able to get a deluxe sized sample (0.25 oz, full size is 1 oz and $34) of the new Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer broad spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen. Yeah, that’s a whopper of a name for a product that is more or less the same idea of a tinted moisturizer with some added benefits. There are four shades in the range (fair, light, medium and tan) and I ended up going for the medium since I’m an NC35/NC30 in MAC depending on the season.


At first when I swatched this on my hand, I was definitely a little concerned that I had gone too light in my choice but as I blended it out onto my face it actually matched fairly well. On first touch, the Tarte BB tinted treatment definitely felt like a silicone based primer going onto the skin. As the title suggests, there is a primer aspect to this product and I felt that it smoothed the surface of my skin and filled in any larger pores that I have. The BB cream isn’t runny or liquidy but isn’t super thick either (pretty similar to the Revlon Whipped foundation in consistency). I was expecting this to have light coverage like most BB creams especially because it’s marketed as a primer, but I actually find that it easily covers up any redness and small hyper-pigmentation on my skin and I would say its more like a medium coverage product. I personally wouldn’t use this as a primer and add a foundation on top because I think that the BB cream with some concealer for spots would definitely be enough coverage. The product sets demi-matte on the skin which is great since I tend to have combination skin and get oily in my T-zone. I took a picture of my face with flash to check for any white cast due to the high SPF content but found that it photographs really well. There’s also no sunscreen smell to the product.


I wore this on my face for about 9 hours, and set it with Makeup Forever HD finishing powder when I first applied it. At the end of the day I was not shiny at all and I didn’t need to blot or touch up throughout the day. My blush and bronzer were also intact and had not faded much, which goes to support the BB tinted treatment’s primer claims. I didn’t wear it for the 12 hours the product claims, but based on the 9 hour mark I wouldn’t be surprised if it could last up to 12 hours.


Overall, I found this product to be surprisingly good. If you are looking for a BB cream that doesn’t break down on oily skin and actually has some decent coverage, this is probably a good bet. The only downside is the limited shade range, but perhaps over time Tarte will release some additional shades. If you have dark skin there may not be a shade for you as of now.


Product Photos and Swatches!


*Note: Swatches were done on my hand which is almost always a shade or two darker than my face/neck/upper body.


image


image


image


image



No comments:

Post a Comment