Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review: NARS And God Created the Woman Eye Kit

As a present to myself for my upcoming birthday, I decided to go ahead and order the new NARS And God Created the Woman Eye Kit from Sephora ($59 and a $105 value). It seems like every brand has been coming out with neutral eyeshadows so I guess it was only a matter of time before NARS did the same. I’ve read lots of really great reviews on several of the eyeshadows included in this palette, and these kits are always really good value for the money so I decided to splurge.


The kit contains a #3 eyeshadow brush, a 0.09 oz sample of the smudge proof eyeshadow base, and an eyeshadow palette containing 6 colors each of which are 0.03 oz. The colors included in the kit are the following: Alahambra (1), Kalahari (1), Bellissima (2), Galapagos, Coconut Grove and Night Clubbing. The numbers indicate which half of the Nars eyeshadow duo is included in the palette. As with all Nars products there’s a large mirror in the palette and the packaging is the usual matte black.


The eyeshadow brush isn’t quite as flat as your typical shader brush and has a domed top. I found that I could use this both to pack on shadow to the lid using the flat side as well as place a crease color using the domed top. The bristles are soft and dense, and I am sure I will get a lot of use out of it.


The smudge proof eyeshadow base is probably my favorite eyeshadow primer that I have tried. It is clear and is applied using a doe-foot applicator. The finish on the lid is matte and eyeshadows appear brighter and last much longer when used underneath. This is my go-to primer if I know I’m going to have a long day.


And now for the palette, the whole reason why I got this kit. As I mentioned before, it includes 6 eyeshadows. There are 2 mattes, 2 satins and 2 shimmers that contain glitters in the palette (mattes are an essential for me). Additionally there’s 1 highlight color and 1 black which I think are important for any palette to truly stand on its own. The colors are soft and blend beautifully and there doesn’t appear to be a dud in the palette. There’s also a good mix of both cool and warm eyeshadows, so a lot of skintones should be able to use this. I don’t own any of the Urban Decay Naked palettes (I have several of the colors in both in other limited edition palettes from them) but I do have the Lorac Pro Palette. While I love the diversity of colors and finishes in the Lorac Pro, some mornings it is just too overwhelming to look at so many color choices. The Nars palette still allows you to create a lot of different looks but doesn’t overwhelm you with 24 different colors. The size and selection make it ideal for everyday use as well as travel.


Overall, I am really pleased with this purchase! It lived up to all I was hoping it would be :)


Product Photos and Swatches!


image


image


image


image


image

No comments:

Post a Comment