Friday, May 3, 2013

Review: Kat Von D Ladybird Palette

If you’ve read a few of my previous posts, you might know that I’m obsessed with matte shadows (Read: http://makeupbyamrita.tumblr.com/post/43621582516/matte-matchup-my-favorite-matte-eyeshadow-palettes). How many matte shadows does one person really need? Probably less than I have, but I honestly can’t help myself and it seems like more and more brands are coming out with amazing matte palettes. That, plus the gorgeous artwork on the cover of this palette sold me.

I picked it up via Sephora online (0.4 oz, $36) and really couldn’t be more pleased. The palette is some kind of metal that pops open with the press of a button, with a large mirror inside. The shades are not powdery at all, sliding and blending very smoothly. The only shade which I felt was weaker in pigmentation was the dark purple, Fur Elise. Otherwise, one swipe shows color true to pan. The palette also comes with a brown liner which goes great with all of the colors. I’ve never owned Kat Von D eye products, but this palette made a great first impression. The palette has a great mix of warm and cool toned shadows, and a good range of light and dark options. My favorite shade is probably the burnt orange (I’m biased, Go Longhorns!) named Cleopatra. It’s a darker version of the beautiful orange in the Stila matte palette.

All in all, super pleased with this, with the exception of Fur Elise :)

Photos of Products and Swatches Below!




No comments:

Post a Comment